• Twitter
  • GPlus
  • Instagram

  • simple jam fairy cakes!

    Hey, 

    I know these don't look the best but they taste AMAZING! They are the most simplest things to make whatever age and they would be perfect to do with children. 
    This recipe makes 24 cakes so if you want more double the mixture or if you only want 12 just half the mixture.

    Ingredients:

    225g/8oz- sugar 
    225g/8oz- Margarine
    4 - eggs 
    225g/8oz - self-raising flour
    any flavoured jam

    To start off with pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5 I just mixed my margarine and sugar together until creamy (you do not have to use a mixer like mine, you can use a handheld electric mixer or even just a wooden spoon). Next I add in my eggs which I mixed before hand and I add a bit at a time, it will look sloppy and not very nice but then I added flour which makes it actually look like cake mixture. 
    You then want to put cupcake cases into a tin and add one table spoon of the mixture into to each case after add a tea spoon of jam and then to cover it up add another table spoon of mixture. Now that that's done just wait for them to cook for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. 

    Icing ingredients:

    Icing sugar
    water 

    I was not sure how much icing sugar I needed so I just added more if I needed it, so you basically put icing sugar into a bowl and added a small amount of water until I got it to the consistency I like it at and then literally just put some on each cake. I then just sprinkled them with edible stars but you can decorate your caked however you like.

    I hope you enjoyed this post. If you do decide to make these please tweet me a picture of comment on how they tasted. 

                                                            bye
                                                               Libby 
                                                                      x



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Blogger news

    Blogroll