• Twitter
  • GPlus
  • Instagram

  • Growing long hair!

    Hello everyone, 

    Today I am going to do a post on growing long hair. As you can see in the picture my hair was fairly long, when it was at my back in went to about my waist maybe a little bit lower, however when it was around my front it didn't look as long. 
    It took me what seems like forever to grow my hair out but realistically, it wasn't that long. 
    Today I am going to give you some tips on how to grow your hair out, and how not to make it look in bad condition like mine. 

    Tips:

    1. Do not die your hair with bleach! This is my most important one, I used to have just highlighted hair and I then loved the idea of having blonde hair so I asked for it ombre but the hairdressers I went to did it really bad and it ended up looking like a patchy dip die. Also in the picture, you can see the ends of my hair are dead and dry which is mainly caused from the bleach. 

    2. Brush your hair from the ends, not the root. So this is something I never used to do. I used to brush from the top of my head and it used to pull on my hair a lot. You will notice if you brush from the ends of your hair first, it won't pull on your hair as much, causing less breakage, meaning more growth. 

    3. Use the least amount of heat possible. This is pretty obvious one. Heat kills hair, even when you use heat protector. When it comes to using heat, I am really good. I hardly ever use heat. I never blow dry my hair because I like my natural hair and also I rarely straighten my hair, because straight hair does not suit me. And as for curling, that only happens on a special occasion, so all in all I don't use heat that much and that has had a massive impact on my hair. 

    4. Another one you may have seen before, but do not wash your hair every day. When you wash your hair every day it dries your hair out so it starts looking bad condition and also it washes all the natural oils out of your hair which is what helps your hair to grow. 

    5. Massage your head. One of the biggest things I find that helps with growing hair is massaging your head where your roots are. You can either do it with oils in your hair, or the shower. Either way massaging your head for about 5 minutes circulates your roots and helps the hair to grow more. 

    6. My final tip is to not put shampoo on the ends of your hair. This is because shampoo is very drying towards hair, so if you put it on the bottom, it again dries your hair out and makes it looks damaged and will be less likely to grow. So if you just put it in the roots, your hair will still be getting a wash from when the shampoo runs down when you wash it off. You then just put conditioner on the ends of your hair because putting it on the roots makes it more greasy. 

    Cutting my hair:

    So in the six weeks holiday, I decided to cut a fair bit of hair off, to get rid of some of the horrible colour and just because it was in really bad condition. As much as a hate the shortness of my hair now, I think the colour looks a lot better. I'm not too sure how much I had off but to me, it seems a lot shorter but it is fairly long, I am now going to try and grow it out but so it looks more healthy and eventually I will get all the blonde cut off. 



     As you can see my hair looks a lot healthier after I got it cut and also the colour looks a better colour.
    I hope you enjoyed the post today and I hope it helped you out a bit. I hope to see you soon. 
    Bye 
    Libby 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Blogger news

    Blogroll