• Twitter
  • GPlus
  • Instagram

  • Victoria Sponge!

    I decided to do something a bit different today. I thought you might like a baking post and I know most of you know how to make a Victoria sponge but whenever I make one everyone seems to love it so much, so I thought I would share it with you. 




    Ingredients:
    3 large eggs
    175g (6oz) of softened butter
    175g (6oz) of caster sugar 
    175g (6oz) of self-raising flour
    1 and a half teaspoons of baking powder
    2x18cm (7 in) greased and lined sandwich tins 

    Before you start you need to pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/gas mark 4.

    Firstly you need to measure all your ingredients and add them all into the bowl together (Tip: I would put the dry ingredients in first)


     Next all you need to do is whisk all the ingredients together with an electric whisk until it looks something like this.

     Then I equally spread the mixture between the two tins.

     Pop them into the oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown and bouncy, they should probably look something like this.

     Once you have allowed them to cool you can add some jam or anything you would like into the middle, mine looks like this.

     I did then cut it up and have it with a cup of tea.

    Hope you enjoyed this different blog post and I will see you soon.
    Bye 
    Libby x 










    1 comments:

    1. This looks delicious and so easy to make. Great post and keep up the good work.

      LEJA

      ReplyDelete

     

    Blogger news

    Blogroll