• Twitter
  • GPlus
  • Instagram

  • Healthy vegetarian soup!

    Hellow everyone, 

    Today is going to be another food related post. 
    I was going through the food at home and just picked out a few things I could use to make a soup. In the end, it ended up tasting really nice. Which is why I am going to be sharing with you the recipe. It is a vegetarian soup. However, you could add some chicken to it, depending on if you are going to blend it or not, and how you like it. 

    Ingredients: This recipe gives approximately 3 servings, so depending on the amount you want to make, will depend on how many of each ingredient you use.

    3 carrots
    2 potatoes 
    1 celery stick
    2 small onions (1 big onion)
    Half a vegetable stock cube 
    Boiling water  
    Salt and pepper for seasoning 

    Method:
    The first thing you want to do is chop all your vegetables up and put them into a pan with some oil.
    When the vegetables have softened slightly, you add the stock and water until the vegetables are covered. 
    You then want to leave that to cook on a low heat for 30-40 minutes or when all the vegetables are soft. 
    Next, you can either leave it how it is, or you can blend it all. Personally, I prefer mine half blended so it is still a bit chunky, buy you can have yours how you like. 
    The next thing to do is to serve it up in a bowl. I added salt and pepper to it once in the bowl, because if more than one person is having it, then different people like different seasonings. 
    I served mine with granary bread. 

    I really enjoyed this soup, and I will be experimenting with different soups, using different vegetables. 
    I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and I hope to see you soon in my next post.
    Bye
    Libby
    x



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Blogger news

    Blogroll