• Twitter
  • GPlus
  • Instagram

  • Stress and Revision!

    Hello everyone, 

    This is the year of my GCSE exams, and I could not be any more nervous. This time of year can start to get very stressful and it is round about now you realise you need to start revising. Yep, that's me. 
    So now that my third set of mock exams are nearly over, I am now getting the hang of revision. However, as it gets closer to the real things, I am starting to stress out. So today I am going to be going through some revision tips, and a few ways to help with stress. 

    We will start with revision tips first.

    My first tip is to have a revision timetable. I find this really helpful because you are not just choosing the subjects you want to revise for, also there is something about being organised that makes it easier to revise. Maybe that's just me.

    My second tip is to make sure that when you choose to revise, that you turn your phone off and I also suggest not listening to music because if you are like me you get tempted to sing, then you get distracted. 

    Another tip I have is to make mind maps. A couple of weeks ago I did not really know what revision worked best for me, and it has taken me a while to find out, but I found the best way for me and that is mind maps. If you just go through all the notes you have on a topic or subject and do a mind map for each little section, with as little writing as possible, then it is a clear way of presenting just the important information. I also enjoy making mind maps, especially colourful ones.

    My final tip is to use post-it notes. I know you probably have been told this so many times, but honestly, if you use them effectively, they are really good. 
    What I do is write a question or a date (if I'm doing history) and put the answer on the back and whenever I walk past it on my wall I have a go answering the question and then I look at the answer, this way it will stick in your mind. 

    Stress. 
    Being stressed makes concentrating and revising so much harder. I have been trying out lots of ways to help calm stress. Luckily they seem to have worked, which is why I want to share them with you today. 

    Firstly, you will probably hate me for this but running is my number one tip. It may seem like a lot of effort but honestly, it helps the most. Going on a run genuinely just makes you feel better as a person but also it gives you time to think about things and to make time to yourself. Running also is meant to help you feel more calm about things. Since going on runs everynight, I have become a much more positive person, I've become less stressed, and I overall feel better about a lot of things. I never thought I would ever say this, but I actually enjoy going on runs. 

    My next things to help with stress is to read. What I do every night is stop revising at night and once I'm ready for bed I read for about an hour, and I know reading is not everyone's cup of tea, but if you read a little bit, it helps to relax your mind, and you will find yourself not thinking out the things that worry you. 

    Another 2 ways you can use to help with stress is to drink lots of water to keep your brain healthy but also to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. It links in with the running, it helps to give a positive mental attitude, which then releases stress because you are more positive about the outcome of the exams. 

    My last piece of advice for stress is to get a good nights sleep. I know it seems obvious, but the later you go to bed, the more tired you are and if you are tired at school you end up becoming more grumpy and end up with a bad attitude towards life, with that the stress will start to pile back up again. 

    I really hope you found that useful. I know it was a bit wordy, but if it helps, then that's all that matters. 

    Bye 
    Libby
    x


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Blogger news

    Blogroll